This is a hi-etch primer for use on both PVC and CPVC pipe, tubing and socket-type fittings. Specifically formulated for all PVC and CPVC pipe applications such as potable water, pressure pipe, gas, conduit, sewers and drain, waste and vent (DWV). They are for use on all sizes and classes in both Schedule 40 and Schedule 80. Fast acting, hi-etch primer prepares the surfaces for superior bonding strength. The purple color ensures easy visual check for complete coverage.
NSF approved for potable water
Meets ASTM F 656 specifications
For All Rigid PVC
VOC Level 550 g/L
Applicator in Lid
2 Years Minimum Shelf Life
1. Store and apply between 40 degree F and 120 degree F. Use below 40 degree F only with proper solvent cement and with extreme care.
2. Cut pipe end square and remove ragged edges and burrs. Clean fitting socket and pipe of dirt, grease, and moisture, and check for proper fit. Apply PRIMER as noted below. While still wet, quickly begin solvent cement application.
3. Wear non-permeable gloves during application to avoid skin contact.
4. Apply PRIMER evenly and freely to socket and then to pipe end for length of socket depth using supplied dauber applicator. Then apply again to socket. For pipe greater than 2″ diameter, use natural-bristle brush sized to 1/2 pipe diameter. During each application step, keep dauber or brush wet and moving about 10 seconds.
5. Temperature and humidity conditions may require repeated applications to one or both surfaces to avoid drying. While still wet, quickly apply proper solvent cement and make up pipe joint in accordance with cement’s instructions.